What are the positives when we are being realistic?
- Our resilient and “stay grounded” approach to day-to-day challenges improves our well-being.
- We work well with others to solve common problems and pitch in to do our share.
- Our motivation for community building and empathy among people can help make the world a better place.
What are the positives when we are an optimist?
- Our “chin-up” and “stay upbeat” approach day-to-day challenges improve our well-being.
- We work well with others to provide encouragement and “keep the faith” in adversity
- Our motivation to maintain a positive attitude and live our values can help improve the world.
What are the negatives when we are being realistic?
- We are perceived as having a negative demeanor.
- We can appear negative and whiny during conflict.
- Others say we complain too much
What are the negatives when we are being optimistic?
- We are perceived as lacking groundlessness.
- We can appear naïve and/or change resistant during conflict.
- Others say we are in a “Pollyanna” world.
What are the early warning signs that you are being too “realistic?”
- When we think the present moment is all there is.
- When we forget that humanity has been around for millions of years
What are the early warnings signs that you are being too optimistic?
- Others don’t think we care about the trials and tribulations of life.
- We think there are easy solutions to complex problems.
Resource: Polarity Partnerships.